Abbaye d'Auberive : façade OuestMention obligatoire pour toute utilisation : © Jean-François Feutriez
Abbaye d'Auberive : la porte d'honneurMention obligatoire pour toute utilisation : © Jean-François Feutriez
Abbaye d'Auberive : le Centre d'Art ContemporainMention obligatoire pour toute utilisation : © Jean-François Feutriez
Abbaye d'Auberive : le Centre d'Art ContemporainMention obligatoire pour toute utilisation : © Jean-François Feutriez
Lavoir de l'Entre 2 eaux à AuberiveMention obligatoire pour toute utilisation : © Gérard Féron
AuberiveMention obligatoire pour toute utilisation : © Jean-François Feutriez

The village of Auberive was formed around its Cistercian abbey (24th Clairvaux daughter); it was founded in 1135 on the bank of the Aube. It was originally a lay merging in the service of the abbey. The ensemble formed a particularly relevant division of France at the borders of Champagne and Bourgogne, known in former times by the name the “Enclos d'Auberive” (“Auberive Enclosure”). Limited by the high walls that you can still see around the outside of the abbey, this enclosure included only a section of the current village. More specifically, this included a hotel (“l'Hôtel du Lion d'Or”); at the same door of the abbey there was an old farmhouse (“La Theurelle”) which would remain standing over the course of periods of prosperity in “La Rue des fermiers”; houses for the artisans and forest guards of the abbey (“La Rue des Gardes des Bois de l'abbaye”); an auditorium and lastly, an abbatial palace from the Renaissance (“l'Abbatiale”).

Idées de sorties
Rechercher sur le site
Contactez-nous
Office de Tourisme du Pays de Langres
Square Olivier Lahalle
BP16 - 52201 Langres cedex
Tél : 03 25 87 67 67
Fax : 03 25 87 73 33
info@tourisme-langres.com
Inquiry form
Météo